Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Money makes the world go round, the world go round...

I had a dream last night that I won A LOT of money. In the dream I vividly rememeber crunching the numbers and trying to figure out how much money I would have after taxes. It came out to something like $120,000 a year for life. I've reached two conclusions from this dream. 1) My subconscious is much better at math than I am. 2) I really need me some money.

In my dream, I immediatley went out and spent thousands of dollars on boots and dresses and jeans and skirts and a fabulous haircut. I woke up with a feeling of elation only to realize that it was all a fantasy and that I needed to get up, put on my jeans with the hole in the crotch, style my hair creatively to hide my un-highlighted roots, go to work and hope I don't overdraw my checking account buying lunch at McDonalds.

I've been in a deep depression ever since.

I've also been feeling like a materialistic bitch.

All in all, a lovely day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"I've also been feeling like a materialistic bitch"

Well...one of those descriptive words is correct.

Miss you!

tarak said...

I really like this post. Started out funny then then it turned bittersweet. I'm so sorry. I'll work extra hard trying to put you and BB on the road as a singing comedy duo. And then you can have your fabulous wardrobe and your own personal stylist and a drug and/or sex addiction that your very own. Wow, you'll be a star!

BB said...

This happened to me when I was 6...I'll always wish those Barbie dolls had been real....

And you are not a bitch. Maybe materialistic, but not a bitch.