Saturday, October 24, 2009

Addict

Work has been incredibly slow lately. Our current show is sold out so there isn't anything to sell. I basically just sit in the box office all day twiddling my thumbs. Well, I WAS twiddling my thumbs until I discovered sporcle. Now I sit in the box office all day testing myself on various random topics and if someone does happen to walk up to the box office I get annoyed at them for making me fail my timed quiz. How dare they!

If you're not familiar with sporcle.com you should probably go there immediately. You might not even want to finish reading this post (you probably weren't going to anyway, let's be honest). Sporcle has a whole bunch of quizzes on any topic imaginable. They range the spectrum from state capitals and tony award winning musicals to Hogwarts subjects and all the things Meatloaf won't do for love. My recent obsession is the 'name the countries of the world' quiz. You get a big ol' map and 15 minutes to name all 195 countries of the world. When I first did this quiz I didn't think it would be that hard. I didn't think I would get them all but I thought I would get close. I was very very wrong. I think I got about 60 before I had to give up. Well, today I had 8 hours to do absolutely nothing at all and now I can get 161 out of 195!!!! Do you know where Seychelles is? Have you ever wanted to visit Swaziland? How about finding Tajikistan on a map? I know where ALL those places are. I am officially addicted and I will not stop until I get all 195. It's time to start studying up the islands of the Oceania region. Papuya New Guinea and Samoa, here I come!

In closing, I think it might be time for me to figure out what I'm doing with my life. Sitting at a desk for 8 hours playing sporcle is hopefully not my calling.

No comments: