I know you were all waiting with baited breath for Dance Party Friday and Dance Party Friday let you down. I apologize profusely. I promise that Dance Party Friday will continue this Friday bigger and better than before.
If you're going to blame anyone for your lack of Friday entertainment you should blame love, yes, love.
I had my Valentine in town for an extended weekend and I found it hard to pull myself away to dance like a crazy person. Plus, he would probably dump me if he saw me dancing like that (that's not true, he actually reads my blog and, believe it or not, he suggested Dance Party Friday after I emailed him a video of myself dancing like a crazy person.)
Anyways, in lieu of any crazy dance moves I figured I would tell you the story of Steve and I. After all, Valentine's Day marked our 5 year anniversary as a couple and I think that deserves a blog post at the very least.
Steve and I met in college in DC. The first time we saw eachother I was auditioning for an obscure Kurt Weil musical called 'Johnny Johnson' and he, being a freshman and a good kid, had been roped into walking people in and out of the audition room as part of his work study. About a month later, my friends and I were at a party when Steve came up to me and said, "Hey!, you were at Johnny Johnson auditions" and I said, "Oh yeah!, I'm in that show" and those two poetic sentences were the beginning of the last 5 years. That night, Steve and I only got to talk for a few short minutes before my friends insisted we go back to the dorm (I think one of them was about to puke) but we clearly had something special because the next morning I had a facebook friend request and yes, I accepted immediately. For a few months we would occasionally see each other in the dining hall or in the music school or in chorus class and flirt with each other while nervously laughing and batting our eyes (ok, Steve probably wasn't batting his eyes, but whatever). Then, one fateful night, I got an IM from Ziggie015 that said "hey, this is steve" and I said "I know" (remember when people used AIM? weird). I am an expert facebook stalker so I already had his screen name and checked his away messages obsessively even though I had never I.M'd him. For some reason my creepy stalking didn't scare him away and he very cooly let me know that he and his friends were going out to a particular bar that night and that he hoped to see me there. After much primping and calming my nerves with a mystery concoction made by my roommates, we went to the bar. I found him, we danced, we talked, he was adorable and that's where the G version of that night ends.
Needless to say, after that night we were pretty much inseparable. Our first real date was a breakfast date, because I was in the middle of tech week and didn't have an evening free. He took me to a little diner on Capitol Hill where we ate chocolate chip pancakes and chocolate milk (I still have the YooHoo label that he tore off of his Chocolate Milk that morning, apparently he was nervous). We went on a few more dates and he even sat through the previously mentioned 3 hour long obscure Kurt Weil musical that I had about 10 lines in. Then, on February 14th, 2005, after eating an amazing Valentine's Day dinner in Georgetown while being serenaded by a drunk violin player, we were standing in the Dupont Circle metro station waiting for our train when I said "I think we should make this official, I want you to be my boyfriend" and he said "I want you to be my girlfriend" and then we kissed and lived happily ever after. The End <3
2 years ago
1 comment:
how i wish there was an emoticon that made a throwing up face. cause i'd use it here.
Post a Comment