Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mullet by Mistake

Last night I decided to do the unthinkable and blow dry my hair. It was a mistake. A mistake that I will have to live with until the next time I wash my hair (which, if you know me well, you know it could be a while...).

I haven't had a haircut since May. Last May when I was visiting friends in DC for a few days I went to my old lovely flamboyant hairdresser who gives me an amazing super short cut and highlights and tells me sordid details about his sex life for a VERY good price. It was a win win win. I didn't have to pay ridiculous NYC prices AND I didn't have to go through the stress of finding someone new to do my hair AND I got to hear the story about my hairdresser putting sleeping pills into his dates drink so that he would fall asleep before trying to sleep with him. Success!

For about 4 months my hair looked decent. At the 4 month mark I decided to stop with the blow drying and styling and just let the natural curls take over. That worked for about a month and a half until my hair got so long that the curls just looked sad and deflated and ugly. So, since the beginning of November I've worn my hair pinned up every single day. I've even been sleeping with it pinned up. The only time I take it out is to take a shower. Basically, I have no idea how long my hair is.

Fast forward to last night. I was washing my hair and realized that my wet hair was all the way down to my shoulders. I got kind of excited and decided that tonight was the night to blow dry my hair and find out how long it actually was. I thought I'd have a super cute bob when I was done! I was sadly sadly mistaken. Turns out I have a mullet. A really really horrible mullet. The back of my hair goes a little bit below my shoulders and the front of my hair is just barely to my chin. It's bad. Real Real bad. Today I tried my best to make it look presentable. I curled the longer pieces to make them look shorter and wore a headband to try and distract from the back of my head. I don't think it's working.

What I'm trying to say is this: If you know someone who will cut my hair for free give me their number. Also, I don't blame you if you are too embarrassed to be seen in public with me. I deserve it.

1 comment:

tarak said...

I woke up Eliza because I couldn't hold in my laugh. sorry to both of you.

bumble and bumble usually do free cuts and styles as a training thing. you should look it up. I ususally see their ads in TONY.