Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm back!


Took the red eye flight from Denver to NYC and came straight to work. Therefore, I am running on less than an hour of sleep for the past 36 hours and 2 Awake teas with double tea bags from Starbucks. Writing this blog may very well be keeping me from getting fired for falling asleep at my desk. So, I applaud you dear readers for saving my job.

I'm not coherent enough to write about the last two weeks in prose so I bring you the holidays, in list form.

12 (drummers drumming) - Went caroling with some fellow choir members in Columbus Circle on the Tuesday before Christmas. It was lovely and people actually stopped and listened and clapped and took pictures. New Yorkers aren't as bad as they say.

11 (pipers piping) - Flew into a Denver snowstorm late Wednesday night. The normal hour drive home took us 4 hours but it's ok because it was pretty and so fitting for Colorado.

10 (lords a leaping) - Spent the morning of Christmas Eve wrapping gifts at the mall for little brother's Youth Symphony fundraiser. I loved it because I like making things pretty, just like me.

9 (ladies dancing) - Spent Christmas Eve with the whole family and marveled over how big all my cousins are getting, then went home and rapidly wrapped all my presents so we could open them that night. Yes, we open our presents on Christmas Eve, it's a German thing. Or should I say a Reinschenstagensteinensauerkrautenfrauen thing (clearly an inside joke, that only my sister will get, probably didn't need to explain that but I'm delerious, give me a break).

8 (maids a milking) - Santa Claus came! Followed by Christmas Brunch, followed by spending the whole day playing band hero and balderdash with aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma, papa, mom, sister and brother and eating enough for 5 obese elephants, maybe 6.

7 (swans a swimming) - Played with my puppies a lot. I can prove it with the copious amounts of dog hair I inadvertently brough back in my suitcase.

6 (geese a laying) - Played Rocky Mountain High on repeat for 10 days straight.

5 (golden rings) - Lounged in a hot tub in a snowstorm with old friends.

4 (calling birds) - Lots of Mario Kart. LOTS.

3 (french hens) - Shopping, Shopping, Shopping

2 (turtle doves) - Ringing in the New Year at Grandma's house with my teenage cousins. Yes, we toasted with sparkling apple cider. Yes, we played Twilight Scene-It. Yes, it was the perfect New Year's Eve. :)

1 (a partridge in a pear tree) - Family, Mountains, Snow, Mom's homemade Chili. Perfect Christmas.

Of course my perfect Christmas was ruined a little bit when I got to the airport last night and had to go through an xray machine where some guy behind a screen could see underneath all my clothes...but hey...apparantley they blurred out my face. That makes it better. Creepy.

Obligatory Retrospective New Year's blog to come after I sleep for about 20 hours. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

BB said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This was an awesome blog post. I miss you. Come to work tomorrow.